Ugrás a fő tartalomra

SOCIS - 1. Status report

I'm currently participating in SOCIS and I code for Marble. My task is to implement a usable image and panorama viewer based on the standards of the kml language. More precisely I work on the correct handling of the <PhotoOverlay> tag.

My plan is to follow the example of Google Earth, so I dropped out the old PhotoOverlay visualisation method of Marble (just drawing the image to the screen) and approached the problem from a different way.

A PhotoOverlay is marked with a clickable placemark which shows a little popup information dialog when you click on it now. It displays the preview of the image and some information which can be specified under a <PhotoOverlay> object like name, description and location.

Here are some screenshots:



I used the content of http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov to create the screenshots.

For next, I will improve this with actually opening the photo, and visualising it in Marble as a zoomable, pannable plain image.

To be continued...

Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések ezen a blogon

Marble Maps - Find your way and explore the world on Android!

Update 1: Google Play still not has the newest version, but it is incomming in the following days
Update 2: There is an open beta version now, you can get it from here from Google Play.

Marble Maps has the following features:
MapMarble Maps uses OpenStreetMap's mapWondering around on the mapYou can move the map with one finger by dragging the map with itIt will increase the zoom if you touch double times fast to the mapYou can also zoom with two fingers (only supported on multitouch devices)Handling your positionYou can check your position on the mapYou can check the distance and direction to your position when your position is not visible You can center the view to your positionRoutingYou can plan routes via interactive placemarks, you have to search for something and after that, you can use the result as a waypoint Also, you can modify the route instead of the interactive waypoints with the route editor which is available from the menu
To get the routing instructions, visit the …

SoCiS Final Status Report - Cleaning

After a great summer I would like to share with you what I worked on. 😊 But before that I would like to thank everyone who made that possible. Thank you Shane that you was my mentor this summer and guided me through every problem. I definitely learnt a lot and it was fun. 😃 Tnhks for the SunPy community to take me in and for their every help and I also want to thank ESA and Maxime Perrotin to organize this great program!

And now, we can check out the results! 😉

You can find the documentation in the project wiki  and the theoretical background in my previous posts. Now I want to concentrate on the actual usage of the library in case of an actual problem from A-Z.

Lets say that we have a fits file with several RHESSI visibilities and we would like to process it. First we would like to get the xrayvision module (I assuming that SunPy is already installed).

To get the module we have to check it out from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/sunpy/xrayvision.git
After that we have to i…

The Earth, on Android

In the previous month I worked on compiling Marble widget to Android. It was a long and hard road but it is here:


(I shot this screenshot on my phone)
The globe can be rotated, and the user can zoom with the usual zooming gesture. Here is a short video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0i75ryWdgY

The hardest part was to figure out, how to compile everything with cmake instead of qmake and Qt Creator. There are some very basic things what can sabotage your successfully packaged and deployed app. For example if you did not set a version number in cmake for your library...
As you maybe know Marble also uses some elements of QtWebKit, but this is not supported on Android. So I introduced some dummy classes to substitute these (of course, not in their useability) to be able to compile Marble for Android.
You can find here step-by-step instructions, how to compile Marble Maps for Android: https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/AndroidCompiling
The next steps: We have decided to sepa…